Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 Fitness Goals

No, these are not resolutions. These are goals. Now that I have spent two months in "recovery" from two marathons (aka sitting on the couch with a lot of ice cream), it is time to set my race goals so that I have something to keep me up and honest in the fitness arena.

Here they are:

March 2, 2008-B&A Trail Half Marathon
Goal: Break 1:40
April 20, 2008-Clyde's American 10K
Goal: Beat PR (47:54)
May 4, 2008-Frederick Half Marathon OR Marathon Relay (tentative due to singing schedule)
Goal: Have fun
June ?, 2008-Pocomoke Sprint Triathlon
Goal: Break 1:30 on the course, improve bike time by at least 5 min.
July 12, 2008-Diamond in the Rough Olympic Triathlon
Goal: Finish an Olympic Distance Tri (this will be my first race in my new age group, thanks USAT)
September 7, 2008-Delaware Diamondman Half Distance Triathlon
Goal: Do not die. Can I really ride 56 miles on my bicycle? Bring on the chamois cream.
October 11, 2008-The Baltimore Marathon (tentative based on Chicago entry)
Goal: If I do Baltimore, it would be for fun. If I get into Chicago, it would be to break 3:55

Other random goals: Spin class, More time in the pool, and make an attempt to try yoga....

ENJOY LIFE BY BEING FIT!

No comments: