Sunday, January 20, 2008

a way of thinking.


This card goes with me everywhere I go and it helps me when I have no answers to my questions. It helps me realize that I may not have resolutions to the answers in my heart in my time but yet there will come a time when perhaps I will not even questions the why, how, and when of things.

While I don't think Rilke was making any references to God. I am going to take my own interpretation that God does things for the good of those whole love Him. He has answers to all of the world's great questions. He provides the hope, grace, and peace for anyone who seeks it. Instead of searching God for the reasons and answers to heartache, perhaps it better to ask God to seek me. Ask God to show me how I can best fulfill his purpose for me. I wonder if this is not maybe a better way.

This poem references a sense of trust. In the journey or the process or the way, whichever vernacular is best. But alas, when one has lost a sincere sense of trust and endures what feels like unending heartache, it seems like the last thing possible is to trust in something unseen. And there in lies faith.

Peace.

2 comments:

Casey said...

I have one of those cards too...it's not the same quote but the message is similar and I get a feeling such as your described when I read it. Here is is:

“peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.” -(unknown)

I hope you can find some peace in your troubled time. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Esmerelda said...

I have that quote printed from some random website. It has been hanging on my monitor at work for a year or more.

It doesn't stop me from asking questions, but I'm certainly lest frustrated with them as a result.