Saturday, February 16, 2008

getting my butt kicked

Today was a first day back on the roads after two full weeks off running (time flies when you are sitting on your tail feathers). I had a great time running with my fabulous RP. I completed 8.5 miles, which isn't quite long enough at this time of year but at the same time, I'm happy. I don't think I will be very fast, but I will get through in two weeks without passing out.

I did however, get my butt kicked by an 18 pound four legged creature. When I got home from my run, we took a typical weekend hike on the trails and as usual, I let him lead the way. Today, we went basically backwards on our route. Generally this wouldn't be a big deal, but considering the lack of activity in the last few weeks, whew! We had a great hike, several miles, what seemed like mostly uphill. Along the way we met two new friends, a lovely lab and a dapple dachshund (a gorgeous teeny pup). That gave about 10 minutes of running and chasing, which was really nice. By the time we found our way back to the car, we were ready for a nap! But as days like this are seemingly fleeting, it was perhaps the best way to spend our Saturday morning.

No comments: