Wednesday, September 3, 2008

not even sure what to say-but I'll try.

When I think about the selection of Governor Sarah Palin as VP nominee to Senator John McCain, my blood boils. I am not sure why. I don't know if it is that she is a virtual unknown, was chosen because she is young, female, and pro-life or if it is because SJM has totally attempted to pander to the Hillary-independents by this choice. News Flash Senator, Hillary-fans are not stupid. The ones who are still hanging on (despite her pleas for them to support Senator Obama) are not interested in a beauty queen who doesn't believe in a women's right to choose. Certainly not one who espouses family values yet has a knocked up teen daughter and plans to serve the second highest governmental office (well, in Dick Cheney world at least) while leaving four other children, including her infant with downs syndrome, at home. (Presumably the pregnant teen daughter will marry the father and stay thousands of miles from DC in AK?) And yes, I was raised by a working mother (the best ever mind you) but never once has our family espoused uber-evangelical double standards for women.

I am pretty sick of the pundits going on and on about the executive experience of Governor Palin versus the experience of Senator Obama. Let's be clear, I'm a bit more concerned about foreign policy, our national economy, and personal responsibility in office which I don't think a state office holder (particularly with the population AK) has a grasp of better than a long-term Senator such as Senator Biden (and Senator McCain for that matter).

I tried, very hard, to watch the RNC last night. I was sickened by the sight of lots and lots of old, middle-aged, upper middle class white people. That is all that you saw in the entire audience. Seriously? Where is the reflection of America in Republican delegation? There was more diversity on the new generation of 90210 than at the convention, as watched on MSNBC. It was such a throw back to GOP good ole boys that I found myself feeling completely unable to open my mind to listen to the speakers; all of whom were spending a lot of time clapping and introducing people rather than speaking. I did, out of respect for VP Gore, refuse to watch the Traitor Lieberman. For he, I believe, is the most horrid person ever to have been a member of the Democratic party in my lifetime--the Benedict Arnold of the donkey set.

I have no idea how to process this information and realize that this particular post has just been a venting rant. I need someone to set me down and help me to look beyond the pundit party and really examine the issues. Because right now I'm just darn mad and that doesn't help me stump for Obama/Biden.

So if you've actually made it to the bottom of this post, find out for yourself.

Barack Obama, 2008


If you want to read a good one.... Andrew Sullivan

And whatever you do, please vote in November. If you don't, you don't get to write stupid rants like me. :-)

Peace.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Wonderfully put! I'm listening to Palin now as I write this and it's painful to hear her.

What's wrong with these people?