Saturday, April 26, 2008

thundering serenade

I love so many things about my new apartment. It is a haven in the midst of turmoil. The view of bright green nature out my window is calming.

However, i live less than a half mile from Merriweather Post Pavillion. Therefore, i can hear each and every note of big concerts. Tonight, oh dear reader, is Megadeath. The thundering music began at about 5 and will go until 11.

I will be serenaded this summer by the likes of Duran Duran, Steve Miller Band, R.E.M, Death Cab for Cutie, Allison Krauss, and Iron Maiden, amongst others....Alas, my heart breaks that the biggest concert I would actually care to see, Sheryl Crow, falls when I will be at Claggett.

When I was a kid in Beaverbrook, we could occasionally hear the bass from our deck. So I suppose some of this feeling is nostalgia from my great childhood. But alas, I could do without Megadeath.....

Hope you get some sleep dear reader.

No comments: