Wednesday, June 11, 2008

morning has broken.

The storm last night brought down more trees and shut down the lights for thousands once again in the region. Luckily, most of it passed through this area quickly but not soon enough for furry love bug who endured his late night walk with thunder and lightning (it was more like a late night run)

This morning we receive respite from the hades-like weather of the last few days. The humidity is down slightly and the temperature almost refreshing. I sit at my new outside table for morning coffee, which I had hoped to do since moving into my apartment facing the woodsy-creek.

It is summer, but I have yet to have my customary "sleep in late" day that usually marks the first day, opting rather for early morning exercise these last two days to remind me of my training goals. I do have lots to do but this morning I will take a few simple minutes to relish in the new day. The cool breeze serving as a reminder that God provides refreshment for our earth, bodies, and souls in his own time.

"Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning, born of the one light, Eden saw play, praise with elation, praise every morning, God's re-creation of the new day!"

No comments: