Tuesday, June 10, 2008

schools out for summer.

Today is officially the first day of summer. The meetings have ended, all of the grades are turned in and most of the children (and teachers) are already at the beach. Alas, here I sit mulling over such beach reading as "The Students are Watching: Schools and the MOral Contract", "How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School" and am writing profound things such as my philosophy of education and my critical friends group work. Oh and did I mention I have to move this weekend and have a tri on Sunday?

So yes, the day to day of school is out for summer, but I'm afraid that the lazy days are still yet to come. If you see me online or procrastinating say "STOP, go back to reading and writing". I may not love it, but in the long run, I will appreciate it.

Peace.

No comments: